Fridge and Freezer Recycle Rewards
Program Selected : ComEd's Smart Ideas for Your Home
Please enter your zip code to schedule your Unit Pickup.
Requirements for Program Participation
1. The refrigerator, freezer and/or air conditioner must be clean, empty, defrosted, and in working condition.
2. The refrigerator or freezer units must meet the size requirement which is 10 cu ft - 30 cu ft.
3. Offer is available to ComEd residential delivery services customers only.
4. Customer must own the unit(s) being recycled.
5. Room air conditioners will only be picked up in conjunction with a refrigerator or freezer.
6. If you are recycling one side-by-side refrigerator, it will be considered as one appliance for recycling. It will not be counted as two separate units.
7. This program is limited to two large appliances (refrigerator / freezer) and one room air conditioner per customer.
8. An adult, 18 years of age or older, must be present to sign and release the unit at the time of the pickup.
9. Recycling appliance must be disconnected from waterlines prior to the pickup crew's arrival.
10. The unit needs to be plugged in and running on the day of the pickup.
You must provide clear and safe access to your appliances for the removal team.
They will not risk injury or be able to move personal effects or modify your home
(e.g.: remove door or railings) to remove the unit(s).
Refrigerator and freezer units must not be placed outdoors for removal. Units with latching doors left outside cannot be collected by the program.
see Illinois Abandoned Refrigerator Act 720 ILCS 505/1
ComEd's Smart Ideas for Your Home Fridge and Freezer Recycle Rewards.
A check for $50 will be sent to you for each refrigerator or freezer and $10 for a room air conditioner to reward your efforts to recycle responsibly.
Please note: Program funding is limited. Participation will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule your pickup date by phone, please contact our customer service center toll free at