Refrigerator/Freezer Recycling Rebate Program (Rebate Pickup)
Program Selected : Wabash Valley Power
Utility Power Company
Wabash Valley Power
Please enter your zip code to schedule your Unit Pickup.
Requirements for Program Participation
1. The refrigerator or freezer must be clean, empty, defrosted, and in working condition.
2. The unit must meet the size requirement which is 10 cu ft - 30 cu ft.
3. You must be a current residential member of a cooperative that is offering the recycling program, and must reside at the address where you would like us to pick up the appliance.
4. There is a limit of two (2) units per customer address per calendar year.
5. If you are recycling one side-by-side refrigerator, it will be considered as one appliance for recycling. It will not be counted as two separate units.
6. An adult, 18 years of age or older, must be present to sign and release the unit at the time of the pickup.
7. The unit needs to be plugged in and running on the day of the pickup.
8. Recycling appliance must be disconnected from waterlines prior to the pick up crew's arrival.
You must provide clear and safe access to your appliances for the removal team.
They will not risk injury or be able to move personal effects or modify your home
(e.g.: remove door or railings) to remove the unit(s).
10. In multi-unit apartment buildings, the landlord may schedule the recycling of the unit on behalf of the tenant with the tenant’s knowledge.
Why participation is important to you
1. Old refrigerators and freezers are not bio-degradable.
2. Because of the way appliances have to be recycled, many recycling companies have to charge a fee to pick up and recycle your old appliances.
When you participate in this program, we pick it up and recycle your old refrigerator or freezer for free.
3. Old refrigerators and freezers typically use two times more electricity than newer models that are being produced today.
If everybody tries to do their part to conserve energy and to recycle responsibly, this could help manage our energy resources well into the future.
Wabash Valley Power Appliance Recycling Rebate Program.
And don't forget – you will receive $35 for your effort in recycling responsibly.
If you have any questions about the recycling program, or if you would like to schedule your pickup date by phone, please feel free to contact our customer service center toll free at