Refrigerator/Freezer Recycling Rebate Program (Rebate Pickup)
Program Selected : Seattle City Light
Utility Power Company
Please enter your zip code to schedule your Unit Pickup.
Requirements for Program Participation
1. The refrigerator or freezer must be clean, empty, defrosted, and in working condition.
2. The unit must be residential style between 10 cu ft and 30 cu ft.
3. The refrigerator or freezer must have been manufactured before 2001.
4. This may not be your primary refrigerator.
5. If you are recycling one side-by-side refrigerator, it will be considered as one appliance for recycling. It will not be counted as two separate units.
6. You must be a current Seattle City Light customer.
7. An adult, 18 years of age or older, must be present to sign and release the unit at the time of the pickup.
8. The unit needs to be plugged in and running on the day of the pickup.
9. Recycling appliance must be disconnected from waterlines prior to the pick up crew's arrival.
You must provide clear and safe access to your appliances for the removal team.
They will not risk injury or be able to move personal effects or modify your home
(e.g.: remove door or railings) to remove the unit(s).
Why participation is important to you
1. Old refrigerators and freezers can use two to four times more electricity than today’s Energy Star models. Your second refrigerator could well be responsible for more than 10% of your electric bill.
2. When you enroll in this program, we pick it up and recycle your old refrigerator or freezer for free. JACO properly handles all hazardous materials and more than 95% of the materials in the appliance are recycled.
3. A $30 check will be sent to you in 4-8 weeks as a thank-you for helping Seattle City Light meet conservation goals.
The program is limited to Seattle City Light customers, two units per address. Customers who apply for Seattle City Light’s
$50 Energy Star refrigerator replacement rebate
, are not eligible for the $30 recycling rebate for your primary refrigerator. The rebates may not be combined.
If you have any questions about the recycling program, or if you would like to schedule your pickup date by phone; please feel free to contact our customer service center toll free at
For more information on Seattle City Light’s conservation programs, visit
or call Seattle City Light’s Energy Advisor line at