Refrigerator/Freezer Recycling Rebate Program
Program Selected : MASS SAVE
Please enter your zip code to schedule your appliance pickup
Requirements for Program Participation
1. The refrigerator or freezer must be clean and empty on the day of pick up, and in working condition.
2. The unit must meet the size requirement which is 10 cu ft - 30 cu ft.
3. You must have an active electric account with MASS SAVE program sponsor at the address where you would like us to pick up the refrigerator/freezer.
4. There is a limit of two (2) units per customer address per calendar year.
5. An adult, 18 years of age or older, must be present to sign and release the unit at the time of the pickup.
6. The unit needs to be plugged in and running on the day of the pickup.
7. Recycling appliance must be disconnected from waterlines prior to the pickup crew's arrival.
8. You must provide clear and safe access to your appliances for the removal team.
The contractor will not risk injury or be able to move personal effects or modify your home
(e.g.: remove door or railings) to remove the unit(s).
Why participation is important to you
1. Old refrigerators and freezers are not bio-degradable.
2. We give you a rebate of $50 for a working refrigerator or freezer, pick them up and recycle them.
3. Old refrigerators and freezers typically use three times more electricity than newer models that are being produced today.
If everybody tries to do their part to conserve energy and to recycle responsibly, this could help manage our energy resources well into the future.
MASS SAVE Appliance Recycling Rebate Program.
You will get a $50 rebate for recycling responsibly.
If you have any questions about the recycling program, or if you would like to schedule your pickup date by phone, please feel free to contact our customer service center toll free at