Responsible Recycling Saves Money
It pays to recycle your old appliances.
- Replace a refrigerator from the 1970s or 1980s with an Energy Star®
qualified model and you could save between $100 and $200 each year on your electric
bill. You can easily pay for a new refrigerator with your energy savings.
- Many utilities offer cash rebates to consumers who recycle appliances.
- JACO's programs with local utilities include pick up of the old appliance from your
home, saving you hauling and disposal charges.
- JACO works with utilities around the country
on appliance recycling rebate programs.
Click here to see if there is a
program in your community.
- You can calculate your savings on a new
refrigerator or freezer using the Energy Star® Savings Calculator.